When staging a home for sale, many homes need organizing, cleaning and neutralizing so it appeals to more buyers. In addition, a Stager can recommend paint colors, floor coverings, home repairs, fixture replacements and décor pieces. A staged home is meant to highlight the features of the home that make it unique.
If a house is cluttered, dirty or crowded with furniture, buyers may not be able to look beyond this to see the features of the house and may not be able to visualize themselves living there. Most buyers are looking for move-in-ready homes; most are willing to pay more money for a house that will not require additional work to be done.
The goal of the Stager is to present your home as warm, inviting and an appealing property to all who walk through your front door.
On the other hand, if you have your home staged you could list your home at the more competitive market price or even higher if your home outshines your competition. Most staged homes sell for the listing price and sometimes more.
First impressions! If you are thinking of putting your house on the market, you should have a staging consult prior to interviewing realtors. This is important because you want your home to look its best prior to being listed with a realtor. Once it is listed your realtor will post photos online. The time to call a stager is prior to your realtor taking photos of your home. You want your home photo ready before it is listed on the MLS. If you have had your home on the market for 30+ days with no offer there is still an opportunity to stage your home. It is never too late!
• For buyers it is easier to visualize the property as their future home
• Buyers are more willing to walk through a home they have viewed online
• The dollar value spent on a home stager is far less than the first price reduction to a home that has sat on the market over 30 days
• Staged homes sell faster and for more money
• 48% of buyers’ agents and 67% of sellers’ agents believe staged homes increase the dollar value buyers are willing to offer
• Barbara Corcoran was interviewed by RESA’s (Real Estate Staging Association) CEO Shell Brodnax. They spoke on the benefits of home staging and how it has changed the real estate market over the last 10 years. “Everyone Shops online, 9 out of 10 people start their search online. Without home staging, people won’t even come to see the house. It used to be an extra, now it’s just an essential. Why wouldn’t someone stage a home if they want to get more money for their house?” said Corcoran.
Let’s think about today’s process for finding a home to buy. Most buyers (over 90%) are looking online to find that perfect home. They will identify the location they want to live and then look at every home in their price range. They will look at every photo to see if they even want to walk through the home. Photos tell the story and a well-staged home is where that story begins. A staged homes gives you an edge over your competition